Orlando, FL 32826
Quantified Design Solutions, LLC is looking for a highly motivated and skilled software developer to support the growth of training platforms that span Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and mobile training. The Quantified Design team develops integrated training suites across a wide array of domains, ranging from military and medical training to aircraft cabin crew training and this position will support product expansions and new product development.
Quantified Design is an advanced technology Research and Development subsidiary for Newton Design, a world leader in aircraft cabin simulators and military training platforms. Quantified Design develops computer-based, game based, and extended reality training systems to compliment the platforms developed by Newton Design and expands the training portfolio to defense and medical training applications. Quantified Design’s team has over 15 years of experience conducting research to optimize training systems and applies that experience to optimize training for learners, instructors, and maintainers.
This software developer position will support the development and expansion of core products in Quantified Design’s product line. Specifically, this position will support the expansion of Quantified Design’s augmented reality medical training suite (https://youtu.be/URTesDkzxJA) to include additional medical procedures and performance evaluations. The medical training suite operates on the Hololens 2 platform and is designed to train military medical training procedures. The qualified candidate will work with the art and development teams to create engaging and effective augmented reality (AR) training tasks that mimic live medical procedures, expanding the current library of training tasks and enhancing the performance evaluation metrics provided by the platform. To support this, new interaction techniques will be developed and improved to enhance the training experience and usability.
To be successful in this position, knowledge and experience developing in Unity with target platforms of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and mobile solutions are critical. Experience working with the Hololens/Hololens 2 and other AR headsets is important to understand the capability and limitations of the technology. The position is a contract position that has the potential to extend to full time and requires limited travel for onsite testing and validation with end users.
Our team is a high energy, innovative and creative group who provide real training solutions that are used by leading airlines, commercial clients, and US government customers. We are focused on building a mobile/VR training platform that meets the level of quality and training value expected from our product lines. We are looking for a new team member who is versatile and interested in developing training systems that are engaging and make a real impact for high visibility clients.
- Background in Computer Science / Software development demonstrated through BS (or higher) degree in CS related discipline or equivalent professional experience (3+ years)
- Experienced creating games and/or immersive training within Unity 3D.
- Ability to develop Augmented Reality software applications to run on the Hololens/Hololens 2 hardware.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithms.
- Proficiency in C# and Unity development.
- Passion for learning new techniques and technologies.
- Ability to write clean code and code documentation.
- Ability to effectively organize, plan, prioritize, and execute projects.
- Ability to collaborate with a distributed team.
- Comfortable working within an Agile software design and development environment.
Optional (and Preferred; please note experience with these in resume):
- Experience developing training simulations or serious games
- Experience outputting performance data based on recorded scenario performance
- Experience with other game development tools and technologies.
- Experience with gamification, digital content distribution, and multi-user systems.
- Experience with database integration (NoSQL)
Please be prepared to provide a portfolio of projects that best represent your capabilities and interests. Include links to your GitHub, blog and/or website.
Job Type: Contract to Full Time