Quantified Design Solutions, LLC is looking for a highly motivated and skilled software developer to support the growth of training platforms that spans Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and mobile training. The Quantified Design team develops integrated training suites across a wide array of domains, ranging from military and medical training to aircraft cabin crew training and this position will serve as a key team member from product expansions and new product development.
Quantified Design is an advanced technology Research and Development subsidiary for Newton Design, a world leader in aircraft cabin simulators and military training platforms. Quantified Design develops computer-based, game based, and extended reality training systems to compliment the platforms developed by Newton Design and expands the training portfolio to defense and medical training applications. Quantified Design’s team has over 15 years of experience conducting research to optimize training systems and applies that experience to optimize training for learners, instructors, and maintainers.
This position will support the development and expansion of core products in Quantified Design’s product line as well as complete cutting edge R&D for new software development effort. To be successful in this position, knowledge and experience developing in Unity with target platforms of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and mobile solutions are critical. The position is a contract position that is expected to extend to full time that requires limited travel for demos and integration with the physical training platform.
Our team is a high energy, innovative and creative group who provide real training solutions that are used by leading airlines, commercial clients, and US government customers. We are focused on building a mobile/VR training platform that meets the level of quality and training value expected from Newton Design products. We are looking for a new team member who is versatile and interested in developing training systems that are engaging and make a real impact for high visibility clients.
- Background in Computer Science / Software development demonstrated through BS (or higher) degree in CS related discipline or equivalent professional experience (6+ years)
- Candidates selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Experienced creating games and/or immersive training within Unity 3D.
- Ability to develop Augmented / Virtual reality applications for mobile, VR (Vive and Oculus), and AR (hololens and magic leap).
- Android / iOS development experience.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithms.
- Proficiency in C, C++, Objective C, Java, Python or similar.
- Passion for learning new techniques and technologies.
- Ability to write clean code and code documentation.
- Experience tracking and exporting performance data.
- Ability to effectively organize, plan, prioritize, and execute projects.
- Ability to collaborate with a distributed team.
- Comfortable working within an Agile software design and development environment.
Optional (and Preferred; please note experience with these in resume):
- Experience developing training simulations or serious games
- Experience outputting performance data to Learning Management Systems or Performance Tracking Databases
- Experience with other game development tools and technologies.
- Experience with gamification, digital content distribution, and multi-user systems.
- Experience with game server integration
- Experience working with hardware integration (e.g. sensors)
- Experience with database integration (SQL and NoSQL)
- Experience with software deployment
Please be prepared to provide a portfolio of projects that best represent your capabilities and interests. Include links to your GitHub, blog and/or website.
Job Type: Contract to Full Time