Quantified Design Solutions, LLC is looking for a highly motivated project manager/ technical research associate / user advocate to support the development of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and mobile training tools. The Quantified Design team develops integrated training suites across a wide array of domains, ranging from military and medical training to aircraft cabin crew training and this position will serve as a key team member from product brainstorming and requirements development through testing and deployment.
Quantified Design is an advanced technology Research and Development subsidiary for Newton Design, a world leader in aircraft cabin simulators and military training platforms. Quantified Design develops computer-based, game based, and extended reality training systems to compliment the platforms developed by Newton Design and expands the training portfolio to defense and medical training applications. Quantified Design’s team has over 15 years of experience conducting research to optimize training systems and applies that experience to optimize training for learners, instructors, and maintainers.
As Quantified Design’s product line is expanding, we are seeking a project manager/ technical research associate to support project management, domain-specific research and documentation, technical requirements definition, and verification/validation of developed products. This position will support the expansion of Quantified Design training tools that are currently in use by one of the largest airlines in the world, the development of cutting edge medical training tools, and help to set the vision for future projects.
Our team is a high energy, innovative and creative group who provide real training solutions that are used by leading airlines, commercial clients, and US government customers. We are focused on building mobile/VR/AR training platforms that significantly change the landscape of how companies train today. We are looking for a new team member who is versatile and interested in developing training systems that are engaging and make a real impact for high visibility clients.
- Perform task and training needs analysis in various domains to define training gaps and how future training tools can enhance training effectiveness
- Serve as an advocate for end users, ensuring their needs are represented and surpassed during system design and integration.
- Perform research to determine best in class practices and tools to enhance Quantified Design training products
- Support the development of system requirements to drive training hardware and software development
- Manage software and hardware development projects from project inception to testing and deployment, including developing and adhering to project schedules.
- Work with a team of 3D artists and software developers to optimize the development process within specific projects
- Working with developers and artists, plan and conduct verification test cases for developed products.
- Develop and manage product launch and expansion roadmaps
- Conduct field reviews of products with customers to define iterative improvement plans.
- Be part of a team that sets the vision and roadmap for future product expansions
- Working with senior team members, develop technical proposals for future business development opportunities
Required knowledge and skills:
- 5 years of experience working in the software development field with a strong understanding of software development processes
- 5 years of experience in the simulation and training industry
- Experience managing development projects
- Experience conducting literature reviews and research
- Experience developing system requirements
- Experience developing early R&D prototypes
- Experience creating and conducting Validation & Verification plans
- Comfortable working in small teams
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and brainstorming abilities
- Self-motivated and able to meet program timelines with limited supervision
- Ability to collaborate with a distributed team
- Comfortable working within an Agile software design and development environment
- Attention to accuracy and detail and strong time management skills desired.
Desired knowledge and skills:
- High mechanical aptitude and experience working with sensors
- Experience with adult learning theory and the application thereof
- Experience with learning management systems and knowledge management systems preferred
- Domain experience in the airline and/or medical industries (please note experience in these domains when applying)
Quantified Design Solutions’ Team Core Competencies:
- Optimal Decision Making : Leverages job and domain knowledge and solid judgment to make quality decisions in a timely manner.
- Self-Development : Continually pursues opportunities to enhance skillsets and continue learning.
- Dependability : Can be counted on to deliver the best possible results with a sense of personal responsibility for outcomes.
- Initiative : Pursues work and interactions proactively, positively, and with a high level of energy to ensure project success.
- Adaptability : Adjusts as needed to accommodate the changing landscape of projects and responsibilities.